New Horizons Behavioral Health serves 8 counties in southwest central Georgia: Harris, Talbot, Muscogee, Chattahoochee, Stewart, Randolph, Quitman and Clay counties.
The estimated the total population for the eight counties in the service area is 259,514. The eight county area includes three urban counties: Muscogee (total population 189,885), Harris (total population 32,024) and Chattahoochee (total population 11,267). Thus the three urban counties account for 90% of the total service area population. The population of the rural counties in 2010 was estimated at 26,338 (Clay, total population 3,183; Quitman, total population 2,513; Randolph, total population 7,719; Stewart, total population 6,058; and Talbot, total population 6,865).
OPEN ACCESS - No Appointment Necessary
Located at our headquarters at 2100 Comer Avenue in Columbus, our Open Access Central Intake Unit is the first contact for many adults seeking outpatient mental health and substance abuse services within Muscogee County.
Hospital discharge appointments are scheduled.
For an Intake Appointment at the Child and Adolsecent Clinic, call 706-596-5500.
Child and Adolescent Clinic
2100 Comer Ave
Columbus, GA 31904
Other Intake Locations - Call for an Appointment
Randolph/Clay Behavioral Health
90 Villa Nova Street
Cuthbert, GA 39840
HELPFUL INFORMATION FOR INTAKE PROCESS
- Please bring all required documentation including insurance, financial status and identification documentation for the intake process.
- Bring previous clinical documents if available: hospital discharge papers, copies of previous clinical assessments or treatment notes, names and contact information for previous providers.
- Bring all current medication bottles or list of medications and dosages.
- For children and adolescents, please include IEP and/or previous psychological testing results.
- The entire process for intake can be two to three hours due to demand or clinical emergencies. We do our best to provide the most thorough, quality care that we can for each person that we see.